Friday, July 15, 2005

There is just so much richness out here on Salt Cay. I’m about to head out and look at the stars one more time before I go. I turned on the TV for a minute after seeing the "Bubbles" show and realized it just didn’t interest me. I haven’t really watched TV and the one movie I watched, well, I fell asleep. A good book is calling my name, as is my pillow. I have not one clue what is going on in the world and I think they are getting along without my input.

And I am writing. I cannot write at home most of the time. There is too much buzzing going on, too much "noise" in the air...let’s face it, the air boils at home compared to Salt Cay.

I hope you enjoy this blog and that you have the opportunity to read my article in Times Of The Islands, Summer 2005.

May I suggest to my faithful readers, and many of you already do this: Stop and meet someone here on Salt Cay. Ask questions and listen to the heritage that makes our island so unique in the tourist world. We are a tourist destination and things will change whether we like it or not sooner than we like.

Right now Rock Talbot (Netty’s husband) is seriously ill in Nassau. He may well not come home. And time marches on here, picking people off one at a time.
We need to talk to folks, give them a ride, respect them, listen and learn about this little place in the sun we call home. There are few children to listen to the past and these people need someone to listen.

No comments: